Friday, March 9, 2012

Bbq Sliders and Wii Games

Well it is Friday (YAY!) and I have been excited about making crock-pot pulled pork bbq since Sunday! A 5 lb pork shoulder roast, some liquid smoke and Jack Daniels Master Blend bbq sauce has been cooking for ~...9 1/2 hours now!!! Smells delicious and Ruffles and homemade cole slaw will make this dinner complete!

So...working out has become a "do what I can when I can" kinda thing so lots of jumping jacks, squats, and other calisthenic-type workouts. That is only fun for so long short of a time and so the Wii has been pulled out and dusted off!! Wii Fit Plus is fun stuff, especially hula hoops and the dance step game (name unknown). Then as I was preparing to shut it off, I realized there is an option to create pet profiles!!! Oh what fun to have a profile for each of my rather fat kitties! Kiki (solid black, silky fur, adorable mew-chirp) was very easy to hold and weigh, just purred and ate up the attention as a proper cat should; Mia (white with black/brown spots, hateful attitude, cute only when she wants to be) growled and squirmed in anger so I only hope her weight was correct. The babies were 14.5 lbs and 16.5 lbs respectively!! (I know that's large for cats but they're SO pitiful when they're nearly out of food!) Now how often they play Wii and make use of their adorable profiles is yet to be seen :)


I have learned I need to never go grocery shopping when even the slightest bit hungry. I walk in needing rolls, and leave with a large bag of groceries!! Everything looked delicious, even foods I never eat, like soy-tofu chicken wings - though I did not purchase such things (no hate to the soy-tofu lovers). This unfortunate episode makes planning a dinner near impossible; if I walk around too much, I'm attempting to cook french toast, ribs, mac-n-cheese and potato casserole all for one night, and that's not even touching dessert!!


C'est La Vie

On a random side note, I was watching Wheel of Fortune and a lovely young lady makes it to the bonus round. She spins the wheel and the letters R S T L N E are put up, though not very helpful in this particular puzzle. Now comes the part where she gets to choose three consonants and a vowel and she picks D H C A....!! I do not expect most of you to understand so I shall explain. I went to high school in a tiny, private Christian school in Decatur, Al. The name of this school is Decatur Heritage Christian Academy (DHCA for those of you still lost :P). I have to say I was tickled seeing that up on the television. I enjoyed the end of my high school years and shall cherish them dearly, so seeing any random reference makes me smile, and I -LOVE- to smile! :D
Time to prepare the rest of dinner for my love and myself! I hope he likes it!!! 


-living-laughing-loving-

Leigh!


~Update~ Dinner was DELISH!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment