Tuesday, March 6, 2012

The Adventure Begins.....to be told, that is!

Hello to the world of interwebs!

I have been wanting to start a blog for quite some time and thanks to inspiration from a couple of friends, I'm taking the plunge!! -Disclaimer: I LOVE exclamation marks!-

In August of 2011, I moved to Riverdale, MD from Madison, AL...after having spent 23.5 years in the South. My amazing boyfriend of 3 years (Mr [almost Dr] Cody Buntain) started graduate school at University of Maryland and asked me to accompany him. I could not have been happier learning that my best friend in the world wanted me with him and in addition, I get to see the world! Well, more of it than I had seen so far...so here I am, living the life as a full time nanny, dealing with DC traffic, learning to be healthy, and playing bar trivia. 

So let's get to my goals in this blog:

~Share my story of exploring the world and this is not limited to physically going places, it also includes trying new foreign cuisines, going to exotic shows, etc. 

~Relate to people on a very real and everyday basis and inspire. People go through the same struggles in different situations and everyone is able to make it through what comes their way. Sometimes just hearing that someone did it before you invigorates new strength to continue. 

~Learn. It happens every day and I would love for this blog to be another way I can do that.

~ENTERTAIN! I love to make people laugh and make them happy. My life is crazy and amusing with a lot of hilarious stories, so hopefully I can make others laugh by sharing them. Laughter is the best medicine!


Now I am sure you will learn more about me as time goes on and I share tidbits of my soul but here are a few basics...

~I believe everything happens for a reason
~I LOVE food and am learning to love it in healthier doses
~Happiness and laughter keep me going-always-
~Color makes me happy, bright pops and explosions! That being said, I still love gray, black and white :)
~I am a very emotional and passionate person. I truly LOVE and get very excited, to the point of my having to excessively shake my hands to release energy, and my temper fuse is microscopic, if existent.
~I love my family SO MUCH! Don't mess with them, especially if you read previous point/bullet/thing..! {btw I have 2 brothers and a sister <3 along with parents/gparents/etc}
~Following that note, I adore my friends! I have THE best friends a girl could ever ask for and I have learned how important they are to me. Which is pretty freakin' important!!
~Coffee ice cream rocks my world....mmmmmm! And dark chocolate!!!
~Cooking is uber fun...and sometimes not fun at all. Such a love/hate relationship there
~Music is fun and I love to sing -I'm so good at it :P - but I am not one of those people who knows every album and song by my favorite artists.
~Sarcasm is my native tongue.
~I adore children and believe they are our future (crazy, right?!). I want to spend my entire life surrounded by young, eager faces curious about the world and full of funny remarks _insert "Kids Say the Darndest Things" joke here_

Well.....this is post #1....I hope it leaves you wanting more!! :D


-living-laughing-loving-

~Leigh

No comments:

Post a Comment